Whew! I think I have finally turned the corner! I am really feeling like myself again! Did I just use three exclamation marks in my opening line? I DID! As many of you know I have been trying like mad to figure out what exercises will work for me and my bulging disc. I have been struggling to get back that feeling of not only wanting to workout but enjoying it as well. Here is what I have figured out so far:
- Running – YES! Even if my neck is bothering me running does not aggravate it and once I get warmed up it even starts to feel better….Win!
- Spinning – Yes! As long as I let my head drop down on occasion to relieve the disc then Spinning works out just fine for me. Win!
- Road biking – Nope, the head position combined with the bumps on the road…I can’t even talk about it.
- Boxing – Yes! I just need to be careful about some of the exercises that go along with it, like sit-ups…sadly sit-ups can aggravate the disc.
- Mix-Fit – Kinda sorta. Some of the exercises are tougher on my neck than others. I love mix-fit so I am going to pursue it with caution.
- Yoga – NOPE! Yoga is by far the worst!! Too many twists and turns for my neck…not doing it and you can’t make me! I am not sad about this, I never really enjoyed yoga to begin with. Win! 😉
For the past few weeks I have been feeling….well….blech. I have been trying and trying to find the Anne from before the whole disc fiasco. The Anne who loved to workout and never skipped a class or a run if she could help it. That Anne went away back in June when my neck started hurting like mad. Even as recently as this past Monday I wasn’t feeling it. I made myself go for a run Monday afternoon and now I feel like I have turned a corner! The run itself wasn’t great. It was chilly which makes me wheeze but that’s okay. I did it, I got out there, I got the endorphin’s flowing. Now I just need to grab on to that momentum and keep it going!
Tuesday was Boxing with Sue. I really dig this class….usually. This past Tuesday no one was in sync. The energy level as a whole was low and I myself could not find a rhythm with my sparring partner. It was a mess! Still, “A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.”….or something like that. I maintain that it is the bad days that make the good days that much more awesome.
The rest of the week got mixed up. I had planned to run on Wednesday and take Thursday off because I had an appointment after work. Then my Thursday appointment got moved to next week so I decided to take Wednesday off instead and run on Thursday. While I was driving home on Wednesday I felt like I really wanted to run so I seized on that feeling and went for a really good two miler. Nothing fancy or far, just a good solid run that felt good. Now that Thursday was open I thought about heading over for another boxing match but then realized I needed at least one day with nothing to run to. Not to mention I wanted to get this post written because what would you do without all of my ramblings? You’re welcome:-)
I needed stamps so I went to the post office since that’s where they have them. The woman at the counter asked me if I wanted the “Peanuts” stamps. Since Snoopy is my guy that was a no-brainer. I was laughing while walking to my car….they are Christmas stamps!! Love it!
New England continues to Autumn.
Why are the lights on in the middle of the day?
I came across this picture of a Christmas tree made from vintage jewelry. Now I want to make one!
- How do you mix-up your workouts?
- Snoopy for Pres?
- Have you started Holiday shopping yet? (I have)